Study mechanical technology at JCC
The Mechanical Technology degree with a machine tool concentration at Jamestown 社区 College prepares you for employment in mechanical or manufacturing technology. Graduates can pursue roles such as
machine tool or CNC operator, 数控程序员, industrial laboratory technician, 检查员, production technician, 和CAD操作员.
While at JCC, you’ll develop a broad range of skills in math, physics, and mechanical technology. You can choose either the machine tool concentration or the design concentration to complete the degree. The machine tool concentration features courses in machine tools, manufacturing drawing, 和冶金. You’ll focus on learning how to operate machine tools to produce metal parts and tools for manufacturing needs.
2022 median pay for machinists and tool and die makers: $49,560/year according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Where to study at JCC
- Fully available on the 十大外围足彩网站app
- Some courses must be completed on the 十大外围足彩网站app
JCC’s Mechanical Technology degree with machine tool concentration prepares you to immediately enter the workforce after graduation.
The MTI provides highly skilled training and industry-standard equipment to prepare for manufacturing careers.
Mechanical technology skills
After you complete the program, you will be able to:
- Design for strength and deflection resistance the basic mechanical components of a system.
- Analyze a Thermodynamic or Fluid system using the zeroth, first, and second laws of Thermodynamics.
- Participate in and contribute to a formal design/manufacturing cycle.
- Create industrially acceptable CAD documentation of a product design.
- Generate a correct machining process for the manual production of a basic mechanical component.
- Recognize the basic manufacturing processes, and be able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each process.
- Write CNC programs to machine a basic part on a mill or lathe as is appropriate.
- Use computer software to present concepts, obtain, and analyze information.
MCT 1240: Engineering Drawing with AutoCAD
MCT 1270: Machine Theory and Operations
MCT 1380: Introduction to Solid Modeling
MCT 2340: Dimensional Metrology
PHY 1500: Foundational Physics
ENG 1510: English Composition I
MCT 1280: Computer Numerical Control with Machine Tools
MCT 1300: Machine Tool Technology II
MCT 1310: Industrial Safety & 质量操作
MCT 1320: Production Processes & Maintenance Awareness
MCT 1340: 制造业 Drawing and GD&T
MAT 1590: College Algebra and Trigonometry (or higher)
MCT 2280: Advanced CNC Programming
MCT 2300: Machine Tool Technology III
WLD 2370: Metallurgy
SOC 1510: Intro to Sociology or
ANT 1520: Intro to Cultural Anthropology
ENG 1530: English Composition II
MCT 2420: 制造业 Processes
MCT 2410: Computer-Aided 制造业
HIS 1510: World History Before 1500 or
HIS 1520: World History since 1500
- 应用 for graduation.